Azure SDK for Python¶
The latest recommended release is currently a release candidate, tell this to pip to install it!
- Use the
pip install --pre azure
- Specify the version:
pip install azure==2.0.0rc1
If you want to install
azure from source:
git clone git://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python.git cd azure-sdk-for-python python setup.py install
This is a release candidate. It could have minor breaking changes until the stable release.
Some of the new generated libraries have not yet been tested extensively, and some have known issues (such as azure-mgmt-web).
Our goal is to release a stable version by the end of March 2016. Please send us your feedback!
- Azure Resource Management
Storage Blob, File, Table, Queue
- Queues: create, list and delete queues; create, list, and delete subscriptions; send, receive, unlock and delete messages
- Topics: create, list, and delete topics; create, list, and delete rules
Azure Active Directory Graph RBAC API
- and more
Authorization: permissions, subscriptions, roles and more
CDN: profiles, endpoints creation and more
Compute: create virtual machines and more
- Logic Apps: Workflow and job management
- Web Apps: App Service Plan, web sites, certificate, domains and more
Network: create virtual networks, network interfaces, public ips and more
Notification Hubs: Namespaces, hub creation/deletion and more
Redis: create cache and more
- resources : create resource groups, register providers and more
- features : manage features of provider and more
- locks : manage resource group lock and more
- subscriptions : manage subscriptions and more
Scheduler: create job collections, create job and more
Storage: create storage accounts, list keys, and more
- storage accounts: create, update, delete, list, regenerate keys
- affinity groups: create, update, delete, list, get properties
- locations: list
- hosted services: create, update, delete, list, get properties
- deployment: create, get, delete, swap, change configuration, update status, upgrade, rollback
- role instance: reboot, reimage
- discover addresses and ports for the endpoints of other role instances in your service
- get configuration settings and access local resources
- get role instance information for current role and other role instances
- query and set the status of the current role
The supported Python versions are 2.7.x, 3.3.x, 3.4.x, and 3.5.x To download Python, please visit https://www.python.org/download/
We recommend Python Tools for Visual Studio as a development environment for developing your applications. Please visit http://aka.ms/python for more information.
Be sure to check out the Microsoft Azure Developer Forums on Stack Overflow if you have trouble with the provided code.