Resource Management libraries¶
The azure-mgmt-resource package is splitted into several sub-librairies:
- resources : manage resources groups, template, etc (Introduction to ARM)
- features : manage features of provider (RestAPI reference)
- locks : manage resource group lock (RestAPI reference)
- subscriptions : manage subscriptions (RestAPI reference)
- policy : manage and control access to resources (RestAPI reference)
See the examples below for managing resource groups.
Create the management client¶
The following code creates an instance of the management client.
You will need to provide your
subscription_id which can be retrieved
from your subscription list.
See Resource Management Authentication
for details on handling Azure Active Directory authentication with the Python SDK, and creating a
from azure.mgmt.resource.resources import ResourceManagementClient from azure.common.credentials import UserPassCredentials # Replace this with your subscription id subscription_id = '33333333-3333-3333-3333-333333333333' # See above for details on creating different types of AAD credentials credentials = UserPassCredentials( 'email@example.com', # Your user 'my_password', # Your password ) resource_client = ResourceManagementClient( credentials, subscription_id )